This is the archive of the goodrelations dicussion list

GoodRelations is a standardized vocabulary for product, price, and company data that can (1) be embedded into existing static and dynamic Web pages and that (2) can be processed by other computers. This increases the visibility of your products and services in the latest generation of search engines, recommender systems, and other novel applications.

[goodrelations] semantically modelling a balance

Martin Hepp martin.hepp at ebusiness-unibw.org
Wed May 8 08:52:38 CEST 2013

Manu:

The quick answer is that GoodRelations does not cover monetary transactions.
You could, in theory, model monetary amounts by reusing the PriceSpecification class, but at least currently, there is no super-class gr:MonetaryAmount. We may add that at some point.

What you could model with GoodRelations is the offer to carry out monetary transactions (e.g. currency conversion services), but the focus here would be on the terms and conditions of the service, and not on the service itself.

May I also kindly ask you to continue this thread in the Web Payments forum if it no longer deals with GoodRelations issues, since many subscribers to the GoodRelations list are mainly interested in how to use GoodRelations and understandably unhappy with off-topic discussions?

Thanks!

Best wishes

Martin

martin hepp