GoodRelations - The Web Vocabulary for E-Commerce

This is the archive of the goodrelations dicussion list

GoodRelations is a standardized vocabulary for product, price, and company data that can (1) be embedded into existing static and dynamic Web pages and that (2) can be processed by other computers. This increases the visibility of your products and services in the latest generation of search engines, recommender systems, and other novel applications.

[goodrelations] Google Inside Search: 30 search quality highlights (with codenames!): December

Martin Hepp martin.hepp at ebusiness-unibw.org
Sun Jan 8 23:45:47 CET 2012

Dear all:

Google has recently changed the "quality check algorithm" for deciding on the display of rich snippets for a page:

   http://insidesearch.blogspot.com/2012/01/30-search-quality-highlights-with.html

Quote: "More rich snippets. We improved our process for detecting sites that qualify for shopping, recipe and review rich snippets. As a result, you should start seeing more sites with rich snippets in search results."

This means that more sites should get rich snippets once they will have added GoodRelations markup.

The fasted and cheapest way to do so is using one of the free extension modules from

   http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.org/Shop_extensions

Best wishes

M. Hepp

martin hepp