This is the archive of the goodrelations dicussion list

GoodRelations is a standardized vocabulary for product, price, and company data that can (1) be embedded into existing static and dynamic Web pages and that (2) can be processed by other computers. This increases the visibility of your products and services in the latest generation of search engines, recommender systems, and other novel applications.

[goodrelations] shop opening times - different times for different days in the week, and non-standard times for specific dates?

Ben Dougall ben at hdbatik.co.uk
Sat Oct 9 12:27:12 CEST 2010

Hello, (resending this, as no answer and in case it didn't get through,
also it's modified somewhat)

I can see the standard examples of opening times which show how to
state Mon-Fri opening times, then Sat opening times here:
http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/
GoodRelationsQuickstart#Shop.2C_Restaurant.2C_or_Store.2C_and_Opening_Ho
urs

Three things further to that example, relating to opening times:

1.
How should it be done if you have varying times for weekdays? Say
you've got these opening times:

Monday: 8am - 5.30pm
Tuesday: 8am - 5.30pm
Wednesday: 8am - 1pm
Thursday: 8am - 5.30pm
Friday: 8am - 6.30pm
Saturday: 8am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

So Mon, Tue, Thu are the same as each other.
Wed and Sat are the same as each other.
Then there's Fri.

Do you group them in the RDF data -- the order doesn't matter? So for
Mon, Tue, Thu it'd be this maybe?:

datatype="xsd:time"></div>
datatype="xsd:time"></div>
resource="http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#Thursday"></div>
resource="http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#Tuesday"></div>
resource="http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#Monday"></div>

What goes where the ???'s are? Maybe #mon_tue_thu ? But it seems
#mon_fri means Mon to Fri so #mon_tue_thu probably wouldn't work. In
that case can you not group the days of the same times regardless of
their order in the week, like I have above? Also is the order of the
seeing as they're in reverse in the example code.

I need to write some PHP code which outputs the correct RDF data based
on what the opening times are currently set to, so I need to know the
general rules for how the days should be grouped/marked up depending on
whether they have the same or different opening times as other days.

2.
How should opening times which differ to the standard/default times for
a specific date be specified? For example, for a bank holiday, which
are usually on Mondays, so that would be closed on a specific Monday.
How would that be specified? Presumably specific date specifications
over-ride the standard/default Mon-Sun times?

3.
Do any of the search engines use the opening times info to any visible
effect yet? Is there anything else using opening times info at the
moment?

Thanks, Ben.