This is the archive of the goodrelations dicussion list

GoodRelations is a standardized vocabulary for product, price, and company data that can (1) be embedded into existing static and dynamic Web pages and that (2) can be processed by other computers. This increases the visibility of your products and services in the latest generation of search engines, recommender systems, and other novel applications.

[goodrelations] Several variants of a same product

Martin Hepp martin.hepp at ebusiness-unibw.org
Thu Nov 4 23:08:39 CET 2010

Hi Yves,

Simply define three instances of http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#ProductOrServiceModel
:

- one that holds the common super-product
- one for the download
- one for the CD

Then make the download and the CD gr:isVariantOf of the super product.

An RDF repository that uses the respective axioms from

   http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelationsOptionalAxiomsAndLinks

will then replicate all product properties from the super-product,
unless they are defined differently at the level of the variant.

Note that this only holds for product properties, not for arbitrary
RDF properties, so you would have to make them subproperties of
one of the three GR properties:
  gr:qualitativeProductOrServiceProperty
  gr:quantitativeProductOrServiceProperty
  gr:datatypeProductOrServiceProperty
A simpler solution is to model
- just one model,
- use two gr:Offerings of the same product, one for the download and
one for the CD and one for the download, and
- indicate that the latter is a download by setting the delivery mode
to http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#DeliveryModeDirectDownload

If the price is the same you could also just model one model, one
offering, and say that delivery is available via various parcel
services and via gr:DeliveryModeDirectDownload.

Note that gr:isVariantOf is not strictly transitive (because of the
defaults).

Best
Martin