This is the archive of the goodrelations dicussion list

GoodRelations is a standardized vocabulary for product, price, and company data that can (1) be embedded into existing static and dynamic Web pages and that (2) can be processed by other computers. This increases the visibility of your products and services in the latest generation of search engines, recommender systems, and other novel applications.

[goodrelations] Updated Overview of Major GoodRelations Data in the Wild

Martin Hepp (UniBW) martin.hepp at ebusiness-unibw.org
Thu Jan 28 12:04:14 CET 2010

Dear all:

The amount of real-world GoodRelations data is growing substantially! Here is a shortlist of major examples.

1. BestBuy stores (ca. 1000)

Simply fetch all URIs listed in

	http://stores.bestbuy.com/sitemap.xml

2. BestBuy offers (430,000)

Simply fetch all URIs listed in

	http://products.semweb.bestbuy.com/sitemap.xml

3. O'Reilly Offers

O'Reilly has started to add GoodRelations in RDFa to their production Web site, see e.g.

	http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596007683

Their sitemap is t

	http://oreilly.com/sitemap.xml

As far as we know, only pages of the pattern

	http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/*

do contain relevant RDFa.

4. SaveOnVideo.com (8,000 products)
SaveOnVideo.com exposes its full catalog of 8,000 items using GoodRelations in RDFa.

Fetch all pages from

	http://www.saveonvideo.com/sitemap.xml

5. There is model data about the 500 most relevant camcorders at

	http://rdf4ecommerce.esolda.com/sitemap.xml.

6. http://productdb.org/ exposes product descriptions and reviews from
ProductWiki using a blend of GoodRelations, FOAF and OpenVocab. There
is also a SPARQL endpoint at

http://api.talis.com/stores/productdb/services/sparql

I don't know of a sitemap, but you can query the endpoint at

	http://api.talis.com/stores/productdb/services/sparql

for all gr:ProductOrServiceModels

   SELECT ?m WHERE {m a
<http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#ProductOrServiceModel}

and then retrieve them as RDF/XML files by adding ".rdf" to the URIs
from the result set:

<result
   <binding name="m"
       <urihttp://productdb.org/pioneer-ts-sw2541d</uri
   </binding
</result

--> fetch

	http://productdb.org/pioneer-ts-sw2541d.rdf

7. http://www.universum-shop.de has added GoodRelations + RDFa to all individual items

Example:
http://www.universum-shop.de/go/DP4Q2HE68YA7JM53XD3OOGVUYTJ5OW31?action=ProdDetails&product_uuid=SWBV7SQBGJMT68TOS9Z3CMWQJOKDS4UU

Unfortunately, there is no sitemap.xml

8. OpenEAN: There is an RDF/XML transcript of 1 Mio product models
and their EAN/UPC code at http://openean.kaufkauf.net/id/

The semantic (!) sitemap (mind the differing element names) is at

	http://openean.kaufkauf.net/sitemap.xml

9. The oxid eSales Shop: http://www.waffen-frank-shop.de/ has GoodRelations markup in all item pages.

There is an RDF/XML dump at

	http://www.waffen-frank-shop.de/goodrelations/output.rdf

The content in the dump is identical to the RDFa markup in all individual pages, e.g.

Example:

http://www.waffen-frank-shop.de/Zubehoer/Messer/Tools/My-first-Victorinox-Kindermesser-oxid.html

10. Magento Shop: http://www.la-mousson.de/ has GoodRelations markup in all item pages.

Example:
	http://www.la-mousson.de/levante-weiss-gruener-tee.html

Fetch

	http://www.la-mousson.de/sitemap.xml

and extract the RDFa markup from all pages.

Most of those should be recrawled every 24 hours.

This is just a shortlist, and I am currently in contact with many major online retailers on adding GoodRelations to their sites.

Best wishes

Martin Hepp

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen

e-mail:  hepp at ebusiness-unibw.org
phone:   +49-(0)89-6004-4217
fax:     +49-(0)89-6004-4620
         http://www.heppnetz.de/ (personal)
skype:   mfhepp
twitter: mfhepp

Project page:
http://purl.org/goodrelations/

Resources for developers:
http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations

Webcasts:
Overview - http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/webcast/
How-to   - http://vimeo.com/7583816

Recipe for Yahoo SearchMonkey:
http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations_and_Yahoo_SearchMonkey

Talk at the Semantic Technology Conference 2009:
"Semantic Web-based E-Commerce: The GoodRelations Ontology"
http://www.slideshare.net/mhepp/semantic-webbased-ecommerce-the-goodrelations-ontology-1535287

Overview article on Semantic Universe:
http://www.semanticuniverse.com/articles-semantic-web-based-e-commerce-webmasters-get-ready.html

Tutorial materials:
ISWC 2009 Tutorial: The Web of Data for E-Commerce in Brief: A Hands-on Introduction to the GoodRelations Ontology, RDFa, and Yahoo! SearchMonkey
http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/Web_of_Data_for_E-Commerce_Tutorial_ISWC2009