GoodRelations - The Web Vocabulary for E-Commerce

This is the archive of the goodrelations dicussion list

GoodRelations is a standardized vocabulary for product, price, and company data that can (1) be embedded into existing static and dynamic Web pages and that (2) can be processed by other computers. This increases the visibility of your products and services in the latest generation of search engines, recommender systems, and other novel applications.

[goodrelations] GoodRelations Service Update will be released shortly - Preview

Martin Hepp (UniBW) hepp at ebusiness-unibw.org
Thu Jul 16 21:51:47 CEST 2009

Dear all:

We are close to release a 2009-07-18 service update of GoodRelations.
The new version is not yet online, but I wanted to align with you on
advance.

The full change-log (preview) is at

http://tr.im/sFCp

All changes are minimal and should not create incompatibilities
with existing data. Please let me know if you foresee any problems or
have concerns.

The following things may be of particular interest for you:

1. The new gr:seeks property for modeling the buy side.

2. The new gr:includes property is a nice shortcut for the 90% of the
cases where only a single item of a certain product is in the offering.
In the past, you were forced to introduce a TypeAndQuantityNode with a
quantity of 1.0 and a unit of "C62".

This may simplify RDFa markup in particular.

However, note that this is just a shortcut and we recommend using a
simple SPARQL rule like

#rule for new includes property
PREFIX gr: <http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#>

CONSTRUCT {
_:n rdf:type gr:TypeAndQuantityNode.
_:n gr:AmountOfThisGood "1.0"^^xsd:float.
_:n gr:hasUnitOfMeasurement "C62"^^xsd:string.
?a gr:includesObject _:n .
_:n gr:typeOfGood ?b.}

WHERE

{?a rdf:type gr:Offering.
?b rdf:type gr:ProductOrService.
?a gr:includes ?b}

for creating the long, canonical form.

3. A new property for inventory levels, attached to
gr:ProductsOrServicesSomeInstancesPlaceholder

http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#hasInventoryLevel

4. Disjointness axioms for the core classes.

Best

Martin Hepp

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen

e-mail: mhepp at computer.org
phone: +49-(0)89-6004-4217
fax: +49-(0)89-6004-4620
www: http://www.unibw.de/ebusiness/ (group)
         http://www.heppnetz.de/ (personal)
skype: mfhepp
twitter: mfhepp

Check out the GoodRelations vocabulary for E-Commerce on the Web of Data!

Webcast:
http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/webcast/

Talk at the Semantic Technology Conference 2009:
"Semantic Web-based E-Commerce: The GoodRelations Ontology"
http://tinyurl.com/semtech-hepp

Tool for registering your business:
http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/tools/goodrelations-annotator/

Overview article on Semantic Universe:
http://tinyurl.com/goodrelations-universe

Project page and resources for developers:
http://purl.org/goodrelations/

Tutorial materials:
Tutorial at ESWC 2009: The Web of Data for E-Commerce in One Day: A Hands-on Introduction to the GoodRelations Ontology, RDFa, and Yahoo! SearchMonkey

http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations_Tutorial_ESWC2009